Full-time Position, Available on: 2022-05-04
Performs daily maintenance tasks and special projects. Repairs, installs, and adjusts machinery and equipment, performing parts replacement, routine and preventative maintenance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Perform routine preventative maintenance of machinery and equipment to ensure smooth business and production operations.
2. Disassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
3. Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear.
4. Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery and equipment.
5. Ability to work in all departments in the processing plant environment, which includes cold, damp conditions.
6. Clean, lubricate and adjust parts, equipment, and machinery.
7. Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
8. Good problem solving skills and have basic math skills.
9. Ability to organize the tasks to be performed. Monitor and oversee quality of work being performed.
10. Provide a means of notification/communication during non-working hours for emergencies. Respond to emergency call-ins within 30 minutes.
11. Ensure shop and surrounding areas are kept clean by the removal of all debris in work areas, work benches and break rooms.
12. Ensure a safe work environment by eliminating unsafe acts or conditions.
13. Be proficient in cutting and welding, hydraulics, filter systems, pipe fitting/plumbing, operations of shop equipment, sheet metal fabrication and pneumatics, electrical wiring and motors.
14. Must be able to maintain the receiving, picking room, evisceration and debone and Cryovac or tray pack areas of the plant, with minimal supervision.
15. Ensure and participate in compliance measures to meet GMP, HACCP, SQF and federal standards related to food safety and quality guidelines.
16. Perform other responsibilities, as needed, to support Mega International business objectives.
1. Post-secondary certification in related field plus three years of experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools to precision instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices. Provide all hand tools needed to safely perform the job.
3. Good problem solving skills.
4. Ability to organize the tasks to be performed.
5. Ability to work with or near blood.
6. Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English.
7. Must be self-motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision.
Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., climb ladders, bend, twist, and work at heights.
Near acuity (clarity of vision at 20 inches or less)
Exposure to fluorescent lights
Climate variation – Refrigerated Temperatures
Exposure to confined spaces
Company: Plainville Brands LLC
304 S. water St New Oxford, PA
Contact: Heather Myers