Full-time, Part-time Position, Available on: 2020-02-20
Make a difference in the life of a child! The Lancaster-Lebanon IU13, a Special Education service agency, is seeking Paraeducators and Personal Care Assistants for special education classrooms located in Lancaster & Lebanon counties.
Starting salary of $13.72 an hour plus paid sick and personal leave days.
1st shift hours. NO EVENINGS OR WEEKENDS. HOLIDAYS AND SUMMER BREAKS OFF. (Hours and Locations will vary by position).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Including but not limited to)
1. Assists the classroom teacher with the development and presentation of learning materials and instructional exercises.
2. Provides instructional assistance to students individually or in small groups at the direction of the teacher to reinforce instruction.
3. Performs clerical and recordkeeping duties as directed.
4. Escorts students to and from bus loading areas, cafeteria, lavatories, assembly areas and other classrooms.
5. Operates a variety of instructional media and office equipment.
6. Assists in the design and maintenance of bulletin boards and other displays.
7. Administers and scores tests when appropriate.
8. Assists in the enforcement of classroom discipline in accordance with established policy and procedures.
9. Maintains records of medication dosages administered and assists in the operation of any medical equipment at the direction of the school nurse.
10. Assists in the implementation of therapy programs developed by speech and language therapist, physical therapist and/or occupational therapist.
11. Assists in movement of students from wheelchairs to classroom therapy equipment on an as needed basis.
12. Feeds students appropriate to their functional level (may require tube feeding) ON AN AS NEEDED BASIS.
13. Assists students in toileting and personal hygiene activities (may require diaper changes) ON AN AS NEEDED BASIS.
Company: Lancaster-Lebanon IU13
1020 New Holland Ave
Contact: Louise Program Support Liaison