Full-time Position, Available on: 2023-05-30
Job Title: Optometric Technician and Scribe
We are looking for a skilled and detail-oriented Optometric Technician and Scribe to join our family practice. In this role, you will be responsible for providing excellent patient care by facilitating comprehensive wellness, contact lens, and medical eye exams. As an integral member of our team, you will work closely with the doctor and patients to ensure efficient and effective patient care.
• Assist the doctor in patient care during comprehensive wellness, contact lens, and medical exams.
• Obtain patient medical histories and input them into the electronic medical records system.
• Conduct preliminary eye tests, including visual acuity and eye pressure measurements.
• Administer eye drops and other medications as directed by the doctor.
• Perform diagnostic tests such as visual field, OCT, and retinal imaging.
• Educate patients on proper contact lens insertion, removal, and care.
• Assist patients with the selection and fitting of frames and lenses.
• Maintain inventory of medical and office supplies, and autoclave instruments.
• Clean and maintain equipment and exam rooms.
• Perform administrative duties such as answering phones, scheduling appointments, and checking patients in and out.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Previous experience working in an optometric or ophthalmic setting is preferred.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Ability to multitask and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficiency in basic computer skills and electronic medical records.
• Availability to work 40 hours per week in person.
• Competitive salary based on experience.
• Health insurance, and Vision plan
Company: Link Eye Center
245 Bloomfield Drive, Suite 108
Contact: Amy Link