Full-time Position, Available on: 2023-06-01
This is your opportunity to join a team that is on the cutting edge of deploying and supporting the latest in voice and video technologies across the Commonwealth. The Office of Administration (OA), Enterprise Technology Services Office (ETSO), Network, Unified Telecommunications, Security Operations division (NUTSO), Unified Telecommunications section, is seeking a hardworking, highly motivated, voice telecommunications professional with strong customer service skills, and a passion for supporting existing as well as new technologies. The scope of support related to this position includes a wide array of technologies including A/V Conference Room Equipment, VOIP, unified communications, mobile devices, and analog.
MS Teams Audio/Video Conference Room Technician (Network Specialist 1) description image
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The purpose of this entry level position is to provide outstanding support for voice technologies within the General Government (GGDC), Employment, Banking, and Revenue (EBR), Health and Human Services (HHS), Conservation and Environment (CE), and Infrastructure and Economic Development (IED) delivery centers. Duties include, responding to incidents and service requests related to IP phone service, Unified communications, mobile devices, conference room A/V Equipment, and analog lines. This position also represents a great opportunity to enhance your career as well as serve the citizens of the Commonwealth. If you enjoy delivering outstanding customer support in a challenging yet rewarding IT environment, the entry level position offers this and more.
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the position description.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
Work hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday, with 60-minute lunch.
Telework: You may have the opportunity to work from home (telework) full-time. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Salary: $54,181.00 – $82,387.00 Annually. In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
– Three years of experience providing information technology support services including hardware and software installation, operation, and maintenance within a network environment; or
– One year of experience providing information technology support services including hardware and software installation, operation, and maintenance within a network environment, and an associate’s degree in any information technology field; or
– One year as an Information Technology Trainee or Information Technology Technician; or
– Successful completion of the Information Technology Intern – Bachelor Program; or
– An equivalent combination of experience and training that includes one year of experience providing information technology support services including hardware and software installation, operation, and maintenance within a network environment.
– You must meet the PA residency requirement. For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
– You must be able to perform essential job functions.
– The selected candidate for this position must undergo a fingerprint-based records check to be in compliance with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS).
– Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
How to Apply:
– Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
– If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
– Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date. Late applications and other required materials will not be accepted.
– Failure to comply with the above application requirements will eliminate you from consideration for this position.
– Submit application: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/pabureau/jobs/4053755/ms-teams-audio-video-conference-room-technician-network-specialist-1
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
– 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
– If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodations due to a disability, please discuss your request for accommodations with the interviewer in advance of your interview date.
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Company: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
1 Tech Park
Harrisburg, PA 17120
Contact: Michael Zenz