Full-time Position, Available on: 2021-04-29
Performs preventive maintenance and repairs on all equipment and plant structures in a safe manner, in compliance with State and Federal GMP’s, SOP’s and company Policies and Procedures 25 Maintenance Supervisor
Performs general maintenance duties as it relates to plant equipment and building 25 Maintenance Supervisor
Inspects machines for parts wear and recommend/participate in making necessary repairs 25 Maintenance Supervisor
Properly perform mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, welding, and plumbing duties as required 10 Maintenance Supervisor
Participates and assists in the installation of new machinery 5 Maintenance Supervisor
Responsible for reporting food safety and quality issues and initiate action, as necessary. On-going NA
Follow all Food Safety guidelines, such as, but not limited to:
• Allergen Program
Safety On-going NA
• Other duties as assigned On-going NA
Education or equivalent experience for a technical role in a manufacturing environment.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Industrial electrical/mechanical maintenance experience preferably in a packaging manufacturing environment, or similar education and/or experience with PLC is desirable, but not required.
• Experience troubleshooting and installing industrial machinery.
• Ability to work within a team concept. Flexibility is an asset.
• Strong machining and welding skills are desirable.
• Strong safety record.
• Good attendance and dependability a must.
• Must have computer skills to look up part location/availability on computer using maintenance software.
• Ability to communicate with other mechanics and be able to explain mechanical processes and theory.
• Ability to meet attendance guidelines and work additional hours/OT as needed.
• Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with all contacts both inside and outside the company.
• Ability to work various shifts, weekends, and overtime as required
• Understanding of basic principles of the SQF program and other food safety policies/procedures
Physical Demands Work Environment
Sitting 10% Primarily, manufacturing environment Potential Hazards:
• Bumping into & slipping
• Being hit by falling objects
• Bending, twisting, lifting
• CTS candidate.
• Slips, Twists and Falls
Walking 50% Some exposure to fluorescent lights
Standing 40% Exposure to manufacturing equipment hazards, especially forklifts
Stooping and bending Standing and walking on concrete floors
Fingering-computer keyboard Frequently exposed to a variety of dust particles Hazards controls:
• Training on housekeeping issues and awareness of location.
• Training in proper methods of lifting and load handling
Hearing-ordinary conversation Forklift Traffic
Speaking-ordinary speech Lifting and carrying up to 50lbs
Climbing stairs and ladders
Near & far vision acuity
Must participate in pulmonary screening.
Company: Sensible Portions / Terra Chips
3775 Hempland Road
Mountville PA, 17554
Contact: Andrea Brown