Full-time, Part-time Position, Available on: 2022-01-03
Susquehanna Printing is hiring for a Full-Time overnight Machine Operator. This position is responsible for material handling, product stacking, packaging, and distribution of pre-printed inserts and printed products.
– Maintain a continual focus on safety and injury prevention for self and co-workers, immediately addressing or brining to management any unsafe conditions that are identified.
– Retrieve production materials and place in the appropriate locations using material moving equipment such as forklifts, hand trucks and dollies in a safe manner.
– Jog and feed pre-printed materials into machine feed hoppers as needed.
– Complete paperwork, setup, operate stackers, and stack bundles of printed products off of press, monitoring quality and preparing bundles for future production steps or distribution.
– Build skids of product evenly and accurately according to required quantities.
– Load newspaper bundles into carts accurately by zone, moving empty cages in and full cages out while maintaining a continuous product flow.
– Wrap finished product using an automated stretch wrap machine.
– Operate and perform preventative maintenance of post-press equipment including but not limited to stackers, inserters, stitchers, inkjet lines, stretch wrapper, and baler.
– Performs quality checks and ensures product is complete, accurate and defect free
– Completes job paperwork.
– Keeps equipment and work area clean.
– Adaptable and flexible with production operations and schedule
– Brings relevant issues affecting quality and service to the attention of management in a timely fashion.
– Communicates and collaborates effectively while striving for the highest possible outcomes for customers and our organization.
– Works proactively to identify problems and craft creative solutions.
– Strong sense of urgency, team oriented, good communicator, and adaptable.
– Able to work weekday and weekend overtime as requested.
Company: Susquehanna Printing
1704 Hempstead Road
Lancaster, PA 17601
Contact: Sara Gomez-Rivera