Full-time Position, Available on: 07/31/2017
|• Observes residents, charting and reporting changes in residents’ conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action in accordance with the Facility’s policies and procedures.
• Administers prescribed medications, treatments, and therapy under the supervision of licensed staff and cites times and amounts in residents’ records.
• Makes resident rounds, checking and observing care rendered by staff, and promptly answers residents’ calls regardless of assignment.
• Supervises Nursing Assistants and provides them with orientation, training, and ongoing guidance and support.
• Provides basic resident care and treatments, such as taking temperatures or blood pressures, dressing wounds, treating bedsores, performing catheterizations, measuring and recording vital signs, helping residents to eat, drink, toilet, stand or walk, and assisting them in maintaining personal hygiene and bathing.
• Reviews MDS, care plans, and documentation for accuracy, as assigned.
• Works as part of a health care team to assess residents’ needs, plan and modify care, implement interventions, and to assist Nursing Assistants in effort to provide optimal care.
• Maintain a safe work environment and exhibit safe work practices in accordance with Facility policies and procedures, including infection control techniques to prevent the spread of communicable diseases.
• Maintains knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations, as well as adheres to, upholds, and enforces all facility policies and procedures.
• Attends all department meetings and/or educational programs as scheduled.
• Performs additional functions or duties, as assigned by the supervisor.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Ability
Company: Conestoga View Nursing and Rehabilitation
900 E. King Street, Lancaster, PA 17602
Contact: Renee Sills