Licensed Practical Nurse
Full-time Position, Available on: 10/12/2017
||2 Licensed Practical Nurse Positions for our family practice in Elizabethtown, PA.
About OSS Health: OSS Health, a health system based in York, Pennsylvania, offers orthopaedic care, pain management, rheumatology, internal medicine, family medicine, podiatry, therapy and surgical services. It is owned and operated by OSS Health physicians. With clinics in York, Adams, Cumberland, Lancaster and Dauphin Counties, we offer high quality care and are focused on an excellent patient experience. We offer orthopaedic urgent care in our York and Mechanicsburg offices seven days a week for quick access to orthopaedic care for those urgent needs. The OSS Orthopaedic Hospital on OSS Health’s Powder Mill campus in York has 26 private patient rooms and four state-of-the-art operating suites. With a focus on high patient satisfaction and excellent surgical outcomes, the OSS Orthopaedic Hospital is consistently ranked in the top 1% in the nation for patient satisfaction. Our expert physicians and staff strive to get our patients back to a healthy, active lifestyle.
TO LEARN MORE AND APPLY: go to OSSHealth.com and select join our team and follow the prompts. ________________________________________
Assists in all aspects of the medical practice under the direct supervision of a physician.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Current license by the State of Pennsylvania as a Licensed Practical Nurse required.
• Two (2) years of experience working in a medical practice or hospital setting required.
• Current certification in Basic Life Support is required.
• Computer literacy and the ability to effectively and accurately use the electronic medical records system; on the job EMR experience required.
• Independent judgment is necessary to work in accordance with department practices and general directives received by Management.
• Effective and efficient organization and time management skills.
• Excellent communication skills, which frequently involve collaborating with physicians, management/leadership and other organizational personnel.
• An ability to work independently and utilize time management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills.
• An ability to alter schedule to accommodate departmental needs as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists in examination and treatment of patients.
• Interviews patients, measures vital signs and types information and histories in EMR.
• Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
• Prepares injections and assists physician with the administration of injections.
• Performs phlebotomy and assists with minor procedures in the office.
• Provides wound care to patients as needed.
• Enters appropriate codes into EMR.
• Completes necessary paperwork and schedules surgeries and appointments.
• Provides telephonic or electronic submissions of prescriptions to pharmacy as ordered by the physician.
• Educates patients and assists with patient inquiries regarding medication and pre & post-operative treatment.
• Acts as agent for licensed provider.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must be proficient in the English language, both verbally and written, in order to communicate effectively with patients, co-workers, physicians, vendors, and the general public.
Elizabethtown location is on Maytown Rd.
Please contact us at OSSHealth, 1855 Powder Mill Road, York, PA 17402
Contact: Deb March