Full-time Position, Available on: 2022-08-29
The heavy equipment operator is a safety-sensitive position that operates a variety of contractor equipment and trucks used in construction, maintenance and repair activities and performs a variety of semiskilled tasks in the maintenance of excavating projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Operates trucks of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling and unloading of various equipment, materials and supplies.
2. Operates trucks and construction or power equipment, such as backhoe, bulldozers, excavators, scrapers, rollers, dump truck, snowplow, road grater, front-end loader, hydraulic excavators, and skid steers.
3. Operates jackhammers, mowers, saws, drills and other small equipment and tools to maintain and complete excavation projects.
4. Works with and assists the line crew in digging ditches and trenches, hoisting material, tools, equipment, and any related work with a backhoe, road grater or front-end loader.
5. Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or repairs to the supervisor; cleans equipment.
6. Plows snow and salts roads according to departmental policy.
7. Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
• Meet minimum physical requirements
• Pass pre-employment drug screening
• Prohibition of medical marijuana use due to safety-sensitive position
• Good attention to detail.
• Willingness to learn new skills.
• Follow company policy regarding attendance and punctuality.
• Be a team player.
• Be responsive to Supervisor’s instructions.
This position has no supervision responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, and is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risks of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste and smell.
The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Travel to various worksites is required.
Required Education and Experience
1. Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
2. Four years’ experience involving the use of medium and heavy equipment.
1. Valid Driver’s License.
2. Abide by OSHA and Company Safety Standards.
3. Be a team player.
4. Prior Heavy Equipment Operator experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Starting Salary depends on experience. $20-$22 to start. Overtime paid after 8 hours work. $2000 sign on bonus.
Company: H. L. Wiker, Inc.
709 Hartman Station Road
Lancaster, PA 17601
Contact: Debbie Ocker