Full-time Position, Available on: 2023-06-19
Job Summary: Maintain the appearance of the school campus including athletic fields and ensure a safe environment for students, staff, and visitors.
– Full-Time with benefits
– Range 5, Minimum $17.26
– 8 hours/day, 261 days/year
– Ensure athletic fields are prepared for games and events by supplying appropriate equipment needed for each sporting event and clean up afterwards.
– Maintain the grounds and athletic fields by performing such duties as mowing, painting, trimming bushes/trees/shrubs, planting, weeding flowerbeds, mulching, snow and ice removal, etc.
– Ensure equipment is properly maintained such as lawn equipment, snow removal equipment, tractors, trimmers, trucks, etc. by reporting any necessary repairs to the Maintenance Mechanic.
– Inspect, and perform minor repairs, playground equipment, driveway, and parking area.
– Maintain communication with outside contractors to complete grounds related work for the district.
– High School diploma or equivalent necessary
– Three (3) years experience in the grounds and landscape environment
– PA Certified Pesticide License or ability to obtain required
– Knowledge and understanding of various groundskeeper equipment and supplies is necessary
– Turf management and herbicide/pesticide experience preferred
– Must possess valid Pennsylvania drivers license
– Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
– Current PA Criminal History background check
– Current Federal Criminal (FBI) background check
– Current Child Abuse background check
Interested candidates must submit an online application. Questions can be directed to HROffice@hempfieldsd.org.
Position will remain open until filled.
Company: Hempfield School District
200 Church St
Landisville, PA 17538
Contact: Liz Groff