Full-time Position, Available on: 2023-06-01
This position is responsible for performing and documenting preventative maintenance on all equipment. Also performs basic repairs and may be utilized as a first responder to mechanical repair calls
Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent; general maintenance training
Skills, Characteristics Required for Position:
• Good mechanical aptitude
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Ability to read, understand, and follow directions
• Demonstrated proficiency in preventative maintenance tasks, and lock-out, tag-out procedures
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Basic computer skills including the use of campus e-mail system and software programs used to perform job
1. Coordinate and schedule preventative maintenance with campus community as necessary.
2. Perform preventative maintenance on equipment across campus.
3. Monitor potential problems in mechanical systems and recommend preventative maintenance. Recognize potentially dangerous or damaging situations or conditions and take corrective action.
4. Maintain sufficient new parts and materials of each piece of equipment.
5. Properly dispose of old or used materials.
6. Respond to request for repairs, access conditions and determine appropriate corrective actions.
7. Perform basic repairs to all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVACR equipment. Request assistance for general and advanced repairs or replacements.
8. Maintain documentation related to preventative maintenance and building systems.
9. Maintain appropriate records and logs for all job assignments, including work orders, preventative maintenance records, and purchasing records.
10. Maintain a clean and safe work area during work order completion.
11. Maintain tools and shop equipment in safe and clean operating condition.
12. Follow state, local and federal safety procedures as well as Messiah’s safety procedures and policies and attend training sessions as required.
13. Maintain consistent and reliable attendance.
Company: Messiah University
One University Ave
Contact: Amelia Crouse