Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Temporary Position, Available on: 2023-03-13
Grinder Job Description
The primary responsibility of a Grinder is to remove excess metal from aluminum castings using various grinding equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Operate grinding equipment including belt sanders, abrasive wheels, and pneumatic hand tools such as Dynafiles.
• Inspect work pieces for defects.
• Move barrels of castings using a hand truck.
• Select abrasive belt according to required process, type of finish specified, or amount of metal to be removed, using knowledge of grinding operations and abrasive.
• Perform minor equipment maintenance such as changing abrasive belts.
• Follow appropriate Lockout/Tagout procedure during maintenance activities.
• Wear all assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including: safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection, and gloves.
• Ensure all machine guards are in place during operation of equipment.
• Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
• Complete housekeeping duties in assigned area on a daily bases and/or when required.
• Complete assigned work within given timeframe and according to specifications.
• Complete required paperwork.
• Communicate with coworkers and management effectively.
• Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
• Perform other job responsibilities as assigned.
• Able to work in repetitive movements, requiring good dexterity and hand- eye coordination.
• Able to work in an environment with varying temperatures, dust and noise levels.
• Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
• Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Positive attitude and ability to work well with others.
• Mechanically inclined.
*A Grinding Test May Be Administered As Part Of The Interview Process*
**STARTING WAGE DEPENDS ON EXPERIENCE AND IS NEGOTIABLE**
Company: All Quality Aluminum Foundry
2485 Old Philadelphia Pike
Smoketown, PA 17576
Contact: Freddy Galante