Full-time, Permanent Position, Available on: 2023-04-05
Food Service – Floating Kitchen Manager
2022-2023 School Year
Interested candidates should apply at: https://www.applitrack.com/hempfieldsd/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Food+Service
Job Summary: This position will be stationed at multiple buildings. The Food Service Director will schedule location depending on need of department. The Floating Manager will help oversee a kitchen unit in conjunction with the Cafeteria Manager and Lead Food Service Worker. The Floating Manager will help provide well balanced meals to school age children which complies with the National School Breakfast Program, National School Lunch Program & Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act of 2010.
• $750 sign-on bonus
• Full-Time, with benefits
• Range 5, Starting Salary – $18.45, will consider rate based on experience
• Monday through Friday work schedule; 184 days per year
• 8 hours per day; 6:00am-2:30pm with a half hour unpaid lunch
• Modified work schedule as needed to accommodate school needs (snow days, early dismissal, etc.)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Help the cafeteria manager supervise, organize, and train staff as required for daily operations in accordance with the National School Lunch Program.
2. In the absent of building manager, the Floating Kitchen Manager will be responsible for assigned building work orders for equipment / building repairs.
3. In the absent of building manager, the Floating Kitchen Manager will be responsible for assigned building ordering of produce and maintain an accurate inventory. Assist with unloading food delivery trucks weekly.
4. Maintain a safe, sanitary work environment and follow proper food storage procedures for all foods.
5. Work with the Food Service Director or Food Service Secretary on job location needs. This position will move from school-to-school when needed.
6. Help maintain accurate production records of food and supplies utilized in meal preparations and record daily usage according guidelines set by the Department of Education.
7. Maintain effective communication with students, faculty, administrators, and parents regarding the Food Service Department.
8. Attend required training sessions and meetings as required by HHFK Act of 2010, Professional Standards.
9. Help oversee the school’s breakfast program according to the National School Breakfast Program and the Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act of 2010.
10. Perform daily computer tasks related to Point-of-Sale operations. Ensure cashiers are ringing items up properly and understand the difference between a reimbursable meal and an ala carte item.
11. Help with financial operations, cost, and profit/loss while filling during the absences of a manager while filling in as the Floating manager at a particular location.
12. Responsibility for petty cash.
13. Responsible for ensuring weekly staff timesheets are totaled correctly, and handed in a timely manner.
14. Ensure you are monitoring labor costs and ensuring the allotted hours are worked when filling in during the absences of the manager.
15. Must understand proper inventory procedures and how to perform end of month inventory.
16. Responsible for the image of their individual kitchen unit.
17. Help with any special events that occasionally take place throughout the school year as directed by the FSD.
18. Perform other duties as assigned by the; Cafeteria Manager, Director of Food Services or Food Service Secretary.
• Two to three years’ experience in a food service, restaurant industry or grocery industry supervisory or management capacity required
• High school diploma or equivalent necessary
• Must have basic knowledge of financial operations in food service such as labor costs and food costs
• Knowledgeable in the food service industry with an understanding of nutrition, sanitation, and food safety is a plus
• Must have basic understanding and ability to read a profit & loss statement
• Must have ServSafe Certification
• Knowledge of local and state health laws and regulations
• Submission of pre-employment medical examination (Section 148 of the PA School Code)
• Current PA Criminal History background check
• Current Federal Criminal (FBI) background check
• Current Child Abuse background check
Position will remain open until filled.
Company: Hempfield School District
200 Church St Landisville, PA
Contact: Liz Groff