Full-time Position, Available on: 2022-04-01
Food Service Driver
Interested candidates should apply online at: https://www.applitrack.com/hempfieldsd/onlineapp/JobPostings/view.asp?Category=Food+Service&AppliTrackJobId=1859&AppliTrackLayoutMode=detail&AppliTrackViewPosting=1
Assist in helping along with assisting with putting vendor deliveries, direct deliveries, and transfers away. Operate a tow motor when needed. This position also requires knowledge of truck driving and delivering of product to all district schools.
$750 Sign-On Bonus
Full-Time, with benefits
Range 9, Starting Salary – $12.31, will consider rate based on experience
8 hours/day; 7:00am-3:30pm with a half hour unpaid lunch; 261 days/year
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist High School Cafeteria Manager and or Assistant Cafeteria Manager with deliveries, putting deliveries away and transferring items from parking lot and loading dock freezers when applicable.
2. Assist in shipping of produce and transportation to schools.
3. Ensure all products are properly dated upon arrival.
4. Ensure all products are prepared properly for transport to all district schools. Perform daily computer tasks related to transfers. Maintain accurate records of transfers and communicate with the Food Service Office.
5. Pull paper products for the high school, middle schools, and elementary schools from basement storage.
6. Transport red mail bags/cash bags from Food Service Office to individual schools in the morning. Pick up red mail bags/cash bags from individual schools in the afternoon and bring these to the Food Service Office.
7. Maintain a safe, sanitary work environment and follow proper food storage procedures for all foods while in transit to schools.
8. Maintain effective communication with Director of Food Service, Food Service Secretary and High School Cafeteria Manager.
9. Attend required training sessions and meetings as required by HHFK Act of 2010, professional standards along with other trainings as directed by Food Service Director.
10. Assist with daily laundry from elementary and middle schools. Make sure to properly check washing and drying machines so they are safe and in proper working order.
11. Assist the Manager with special events that require delivery of catering equipment and or food.
12. Maintain accurate gas and mileage logs.
13. Delivery of small equipment (ex. pans, cooler, etc.) as directed by the Director of Food Service
14. During the summer, dust, wash, and sanitize all food service equipment, appliances and kitchen areas in district schools. Perform minor maintenance duties such as changing lights in kitchen areas and removing debris around outside freezers and dock area.
15. Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager and/or Director of Food Service.
Two years’ experience in truck driving or related fields
High school diploma or equivalent necessary
Knowledgeable in the food service industry with an understanding of nutrition, sanitation, and food safety is a plus
Must have basic driving skills
Must possess valid PA driver’s license
Current PA Criminal History background check
Current Federal Criminal (FBI) background check
Current Child Abuse background check
Position will remain open until filled.
Company: Hempfield School District
200 Church Street Landisville Pennsylvania 17538
Contact: Makenzie Adamus