Full-time, Permanent Position, Available on: 2022-08-23
Food Services Worker – Cook
Hempfield High School
Interested candidates should apply online at: https://www.applitrack.com/hempfieldsd/onlineapp/JobPostings/view.asp?Category=Food+Service&AppliTrackJobId=1909&AppliTrackLayoutMode=detail&AppliTrackViewPosting=1
Job Summary: This position is responsible for providing students, staff and customers with nutritional, eye-appealing food while ensuring a clean, sanitary environment. The individual works with other members of the Department/Building in meeting goals and objectives in support of the District mission to provide a social and educational environment for the students.
• $750 Sign-On Bonus
• Full-Time, with benefits
• Range 7, Starting Salary – $14.58, will consider rate based on experience
• 8 hours/day; 6:00am-2:30pm with a half hour unpaid lunch;180 days/year
• Modified work schedule as needed to accommodate school needs (snow days, early dismissal, etc.)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepares working area for preparation, baking, ensuring all supplies are available and organized for cooking.
2. Prepares and cooks menu items following standardized recipes and cooking methods.
3. After items are cooked, wraps and/or bags and labels for selling.
4. Works with manager and supervisor to prepare a schedule to organize many items to be served each month.
5. Reports, to the kitchen manager any food items or supplies needed for purchasing to prepare menu items.
6. Provides assistance as a cashier while breakfast is being served (when necessary).
7. Ensures all items are prepared for any catering projects or special events that the food service department has scheduled.
8. Ensures the entire work area is properly cleaned after all food preparation is done including, but not limited to ovens, steamers, prep area, tables, refrigerators and any other equipment used.
9. Records and maintains records for food safety logs.
10. Maintains an accurate count of amount of food prepared in servings for food production records.
11. Inventory food products and coordinate with kitchen manager on food orders to make sure required inventory is in-house to serve students and staff.
12. Ensures all food items needed for the next day are available and prepped such as frozen food that needs to be thawed.
13. Helps receive deliveries and put products away.
14. Maintains compliance with all federal, state and local regulations associated with food service operation.
15. Assist with serving food during lunch schedule.
16. Maintains effective communication with students, faculty, administrators and parents regarding child nutrition.
17. Implements a district-wide customer service driven philosophy that focuses on value and satisfaction.
18. Assist with operating the cashier, if necessary.
• Two to three years’ experience in a food service operations and preparation of food
• High school diploma or equivalent necessary
• Knowledgeable in the food service industry with an understanding of nutrition, sanitation, and food safety is a plus
• Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
• Current PA Criminal History background check
• Current Federal Criminal (FBI) background check
• Current Child Abuse background check
Position will remain open until filled.
Company: Hempfield School District
200 Church Street
Contact: Makenzie Adamus