Full-time Position, Available on: 2022-04-25
We are looking to hire a team member willing to learn the Upholstery trade to reupholster existing furniture and assist with custom furniture fabrication. In this role, you will be responsible for stripping furniture down to the frame and installing the upholstery to meet the desired specifications. You may also be required to dismantle and rebuild furniture in which the upholstery will be replaced or complete rebuilds and repairs as needed.
To ensure success as an upholsterer the ideal candidate will have a desire to learn, a good eye for detail, and the ability to visualize design ideas. A top-class Upholsterer perfectly translates the ideas of the client into high-quality furnishings. This is a trade that can be a long-term career. Most of the knowledge is learned on the job and the number of existing Upholsterers is dwindling while there is still an extremely high demand for these services.
• Interpreting design orders and creating upholstery stencils.
• Dismantling furniture for upholstery preparation.
• Measuring and cutting leather or fabric with the aid of design stencils (occasionally, our seamstress handles most of this).
• Installing foam and batting to the furniture framework.
• Installing and repairing furniture webbing and seating springs.
• Stretching out and installing fabric or leather coverings.
• Stitching, gluing, and nailing fabric into place.
• Smoothing out imperfections.
• Conducting quality checks on completed orders.
• Desire to learn the trade.
• Excellent design skills.
• Ability to interpret design templates. (Can be taught)
• Knowledge of upholstery tools including foam cutters, nail guns, sewing equipment, and other tools as needed for each project is helpful but any tool experience is great.
• Ability to lift, pull, and manipulate heavy objects.
• Ability to stand, kneel, and walk for up to eight hours or more per day.
• Clean driving record for assistance with pickups and deliveries
• $500 Sign-on bonus after 90 days of employment
• Health Insurance – offered and paid in full by employer after 90 days of hire (subject to # of dependents)
• 2 Weeks of vacation time annually available to use after 90 days.
• 2 Weeks of additional paid vacation. This is during 1 week shutdowns for the week of July 4th and the week between Christmas and New Year’s every year.
• 3 Sick Days
• Retirement plan with company match up to 3%
• Overtime available
• Christmas Bonus annually
• Monday-Friday day shift (start time negotiable between 7-9)
• Small family-owned business environment with a tight knit team who enjoys working together daily. Apply to be a part of our team!
Company: Stumps Upholstery Design
215 West Main St
Leola, PA 17540
Contact: Olivia Fisher