Full-time Position, Available on: 2021-12-16
Service Shop Technician
This position is located at 307 Twin Springs Court, New Holland, PA
Fire Line Equipment is currently searching for the next great employee to add to our growing family! Become part of an expanding emergency apparatus sales, service and parts company located in Lancaster County, Pa
Position Summary: As a Fire Line Equipment LLC employee, you play a critical role in helping to keep our customer’s fire apparatus and ambulances in good working condition. You will be performing preventative maintenance and repairs on emergency apparatus used daily in the fire and emergency service industry. If you are mechanically inclined, have electrical and hydraulic experience or have completed any vehicle repair training, are willing to learn, and interested in a growing and demanding career, you can join our team of a family culture owned and operated business. We have industry leading maintenance and repair technology, a clean new facility, and you will enjoy competitive starting salaries, generous time off -up to three weeks after 5 years – paid holidays and an excellent benefit package.
• Conducting preventative maintenance repairs, warranty work and continuously developing your skills.
• Perform routine chassis, fire pump and aerial maintenance
• Maintain a working knowledge of current industry best practices in emergency apparatus repair
• Conduct necessary repairs, perform fire pump service testing, pump and aerial preventative maintenance, chassis repairs, hydraulic repairs
• Electrical installations. *Knowledge in 12 volt electrical applications is a plus
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by managers or owners.
• Basic mechanical aptitude required
• Demonstrated past problem solving, tool usage, and repair experience required
• 1-2 years of automotive or diesel experience or education preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent required, vocational or technical certification in vehicle repair preferred
• A valid driver’s license is required-must either possess a CDL or have the ability to obtain a CDL license if needed
• A positive, customer service attitude and effective communication skills
• Basic computer skills required for data entry into data systems.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job and Willingness to work the required schedule.
• PA State Inspection license preferred
• Volunteer Fireman or Emergency Apparatus experience
Complete a Fire Line Equipment LLC employment application. If after an interview process, a job is offered, potential employee must submit to a background screening to include criminal checks, past employment and education. The ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical. DOT requirements apply for all CDL holders.
Physical Requirements: -The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. -The employee will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The employee must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. -While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs. FLE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Fire Line Equipment LLC- headquartered in New Holland, Pennsylvania, a Co-Owned partnership with a family culture. Our new 22,000 sq/ft facility houses our new and used fire truck and ambulance sales departments, service and repair operations, refurbishment and fire truck and ambulance parts business. Serving Central PA as the authorized E-ONE Fire Apparatus Dealer. Along with our new E-ONE truck sales, Fire Line Equipment also buys, sells & brokers the sale of used fire trucks. Established in 2005, Fire Line Equipment employs 24 full time and several part time employees. Our company has a great mix of qualifications encompassing many, many years of sales, service, refurbishment and parts experience.
• Health Care – (80% paid by company, 20% paid by employee, Zero deductible)
• Health Coverage provided for Employee, Spouse & Children if applicable
• Vision & Dental Coverage available
• Company provided Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401K with company match
• 9 paid holidays
• 1-week vacation during first year of employment (after 90 days)
• Company supplied uniforms
• Employee elected Short- and Long-term disability
• Monthly employee events
Interested candidates only may apply. Please call Human Resources with any questions or to obtain an application. You may also check out our website to fill out an employment opportunity form – www.firelineequipment.com/apply 717-354-8103 ask for Michelle
“PROVIDING COMMUNITIES WITH THE SUPPORT NECESSARY TO PRESERVE LIFE AND PROPERTY”
Company: Fire Line Equipment LLC
307 Twin Springs Court
New Holland, PA 17557
Contact: Michelle Ashworth