Full-time Position, Available on: 2022-10-17
Surface Preparation Technologies (SPT), LLC is seeking a full-time Heavy Truck/Equipment Mechanic. SPT is the industry leader in rumble strip equipment and installation. All SPT’s equipment is proprietary and built/designed in house.
Join us for an open house with on-the-spot interviews
When: October 28 @ 12pm-7pm and October 29 @ 8am-12pm
Location: 44 East Main Street, New Kingstown, PA 17072
Why choose SPT?
Want to make a difference on U.S. roadways? On average, there are over 6 million passenger car crashes in the U.S. every year. Road crashes are the leading cause of death in the country, resulting in more than 38,000 people losing their lives each year. More than half (57 percent) of U.S. traffic fatalities occur after a driver crosses the edge or center line of a roadway. Two-thirds (65 percent) of these fatal crashes occur in rural areas.
Rumble Strips are a proven safety countermeasure by the FHWA. The installation of Center Line and Shoulder Rumble Strips along two-lane rural roads have shown to reduce crashes by 44-64% and 13-51%, respectfully.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Troubleshooting and maintaining heavy trucks and equipment
• Building new heavy equipment
• General knowledge in electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems
• General experience in welding steel and aluminum
• Willingness to learn more as our equipment is specialized – If you are ambitious and enjoy working with heavy equipment and learning more about fabrication and building new equipment, this is a position that is perfect for you.
• Own basic tools
• Entry level to experienced working on heavy trucks and equipment
• Valid Driver’s License
Additional consideration for those who possess:
• CDL a plus
• Inspection license a plus
• Special certifications or licenses
Pay will start up to $30 per hour depending on experience. $2,500 Sign-on bonus. Minimum of 40 hours per week with plenty of opportunity for overtime. Reviews, raises and incentives are also given depending on performance.
SPT offers excellent benefits to include medical, dental, vision, 401k with match, paid vacation & holidays, provided uniforms, tool/boot allowance, weekly pay cycle and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Company: Surface Preparation Technologies, LLC
44 East Main Street
PO Box 834
New Kingstown, PA 17072
Contact: Michelle Hackett