Full-time, Part-time Position, Available on: 2022-11-07
Dental Hygienist Job Responsibilities:
• Promotes dental health by completing dental prophylaxis, providing oral cancer screening and radiographic studies, charting conditions of decay and disease, and performing procedures in compliance with the Dental Practice Act.
• Prepares treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
• Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, soothing, seating, and draping patient.
• Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
• Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening, sterilizing, and selecting instruments.
• Selects materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit by evaluating patient’s oral health.
• Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and from beneath gum margins.
• Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually examining gums, using probes to locate periodontal disease and to assess levels of recession and exposing and developing radiographic studies.
• Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity- preventing agents.
• Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
• Removes cement from crowns and bridges.
• Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drugs and oxygen supply, and directory of emergency numbers.
• Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions and providing reminders of time of next dental hygiene visit.
• Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and medical and dental histories and charting in patient records; connect continuing care appointments
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Protects patients and Team members by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
• Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies.
• Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Maintains a full schedule by calling and scheduling patients for future appointments.
• Maintain CSR
• Contributes to the Team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Dental Hygienist Qualifications / Skills:
• Use of dental technology
• Dental health maintenance
• Infection control
• Health promotion and maintenance
• Bedside manner
• Creating a safe, effective environment
• Listening and excellent communication
• Administering medication
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
• State-registered Dental Hygienist
• Experience with EMR (electronic medical records), medical terminology a plus
Company: Kramer, Shirley & Ditty, LLC
Shirley & Ditty Family and Cosmetic Dentistry
4002 Linglestown Road, Harrisburg, PA 17112
Contact: Autumn Gehr-Shope