Full-time, Part-time Position, Available on: 2023-03-21
No Late Nights | Pay On Demand Available
Starting pay rate $15.50/hr
Cook for Full Time position include every other weekend and holiday.
What will I do in this role with Garden Spot?
As a Cook, supporting the Garden Spot Communities’ mission will include the following responsibilities:
• Provide nutritional meals, served properly and proper temperatures with correct sanitary techniques to the satisfaction of our residents
• Follow basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving various types of food for consumption in our eating establishments
• Comply with all HAACP policies and procedures.
What does Garden Spot Communities offer employees?
• The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others, working in a non-profit atmosphere with community involvement, friends, and a mission that extends beyond the people we serve to those who serve here.
• We value our team members! In addition to fair, competitive wages we offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes, but is not limited to, the following benefits!
o Newly added benefit: Pay On-Demand
o Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage
o 401(k) retirement program with company match
o A fully tax-deductible Health Savings Account program
o Paid Time Off
o Tuition Assistance and Career Development
o A unique, goal oriented coaching program
o Campus perks such as a campus fitness room and salon, generous meal discounts, and many employee appreciation and recognition events.
What do I need for this role with Garden Spot?
• Knowledge of cooking procedures and large quantity recipes
• Ability to prepare and serve food according to menus and recipes
• Certification in a food related course (ex. ServSafe) preferred
• An understanding of and willingness to live out our mission and values,
providing compassionate person-centered care to all residents.
How is Garden Spot unique?
• Part of Garden Spot Communities, we are a nonprofit organization with
locations in New Holland and Akron, PA, offering healing and retirement
living at its best!
• We live out our mission daily: To enrich the lives of older adults as an
expression of Christ’s love.
• We prioritize our values: Community, Excellence, Service, Stewardship,
Innovation, and Integrity.
• We offer compassionate personal care based on each residents’ needs
• We encourage and equip our team to work hard, have fun, and make a
Company: Garden Spot Communities
433 S Kinzer Ave.
New Holland, PA 17557
Contact: MacKenzie McClain