Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Temporary Position, Available on: 2022-01-10
CNC Programmer/Machinist Job Responsibilities:
Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
CNC Programmer/Machinist Job Duties:
• Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances.
• Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math; proving part programs.
• Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
• Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
• Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces.
• Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
• Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
• Train new employees on how to properly operate CNC machines and programs.
• Previous work experience programming and operating CNC mills and lathes (G and M codes).
• Ability to use precision measurement tools including calipers, micrometers, and various gauges.
• Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and blueprints.
• Ability to work independently and closely follow directions.
• Must have strong attention to detail.
• Should have a positive and professional attitude.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds for short periods of time.
*STARTING WAGE IS NEGOTIABLE AND DEPENDS ON EXPERIENCE/ABILITY*
Company: All Quality Aluminum Foundry
2485 Old Philadelphia Pike
Smoketown, PA 17576
Contact: Freddy Galante