Full-time Position, Available on: 2022-06-09
Are you a dynamic individual with a big heart, wanting to help others in the community? If yes, come join a great team in a inclusive environment, where we offer a competitive wage, competitive benefit package and so much more!
In this position you will help develop and implement educational programs for children 6 wks. to five years old in the Child Care settings in cooperation with the child’s family, outside agencies, and staff members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Ensure the provision of nutritious snacks and lunches
• Provide adequate equipment and activities
• Ensure equipment and the facility are clean, well maintained and safe at all times
• Provide weekly and monthly schedules of activities
• Develop culturally appropriate programs and activities
• Develop activities that introduce math and literacy concepts
• Establish policies and procedures including acceptable disciplinary policies
• Be familiar with emergency procedures
• Keep parents informed of program expectations, program activities and their child’s progress
• Develop and maintain current, accurate and confidential client files
• Ensure children are supervised at all times
• Establish routines and provide positive guidance
• Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable
• Implement positive discipline when required
• Participate in 2 Schreiber Center activities a year – Annual Gala, Softball Weekend, Rubber Duckie Race & Festival are just a few examples.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: A high school diploma or a general educational development certificate and 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field.
Company: Schreiber Center for Pediatric Development
625 Community Way
Lancaster, PA 17603
Contact: Michele Irwin