|Reports to: Project Manager or above
Department & Location: Land Development / Kennett Square
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The CAD Technician is responsible for the preparation and production of boundary, topographic and physical feature location survey plans, subdivision plans, and land preservation surveys as well as providing site grading, erosion & sediment control and landscaping plans to support other staff.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Prepare boundary, topographic, as-built and other types of survey plans
• Create surfaces and produce elevation contours for topographic surveys
• Report pertinent progress information to Project Manager
• Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Drafting and Design
Technology and/or past work experience
• Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certification
• Survey or Design drafting experience in Civil 3d, field experience a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related area
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Organized and detailed oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to interact with other professionals
• Demonstrates the highest degree of ethical behavior and honesty
• Ability to work independently or as part of a project team
• Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate with other to
explore alternative solutions
• Familiarity with the technical basics of land surveying & land development
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, AutoCAD (preferably Civil 3D) and SketchUp
Essential Position Requirements:
• Willingness to learn
• Occasional regional travel required
• Ability to work additional and/or nonstandard office hours, as required
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to stand, walk, sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel objects and to manipulate keys on a keyboard.
The employee is occasionally required to reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is generally performed within an office environment where the noise level is usually quiet to moderate. When work is performed outdoors on construction sites, conditions may vary by client and facility. Adherence to all health and safety requirements within the office, on construction sites and detailed within our Health & Safety Manual is imperative.