Full-time Position, Available on: 2023-06-14
Company: Burnham Holdings Engineering Company (BHEC)
Burnham Holdings Engineering Company (BHEC) provides engineering services to various Burnham Holdings companies. This integrated structure enhances our ability to continue to aggressively develop new products to meet the changing needs of our commercial and residential customers and supports our extensive base of installed units.
Burnham Holdings, Inc. provides the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) industry with thermal and interior comfort solutions used in a wide range of residential, commercial, and industrial applications. Our group of subsidiaries is a market leader in the design, manufacturing and sales of boilers and related HVAC products and accessories, including furnaces, radiators, and air conditioning systems. We offer a broad line of high-value, energy efficient products sold under well-established brand names. Products are manufactured at company operated facilities in the East, South, and Midwestern United States.
We are seeking a Drafter to join our team! The Drafter will work hand in hand with team members from Drafting, Engineering, Operations, and other departments to support new product development and sustain existing products. This will include, but is not limited to, sheet metal layouts, fabrication drawings, electrical schematics, and instruction manual drawings. The ideal candidate should possess a working knowledge of SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Excel, and Windows software. Along with this, the candidate should show a willingness to learn and grow within a multi-functional team environment.
This is a full-time position located in Lancaster, PA. Hours are Monday-Thursday, 7:45 AM – 4:45 PM; Friday, 7:45 AM – 3:30 PM.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
– Complete clear and accurate intermediate level mechanical drawings from Project Engineer’s mark-ups
– Complete duties with general guidance from Project Engineer and Drafting Supervisor
– Adhere to drafting and engineering standards when completing drawings, 3D models, and other related documents
– Interact with personnel including vendors and departments outside of engineering
– Research, create and structure part numbers in Avante/SB client software
– Update and maintain information for drawings, engineering notices, and 3D models
– Create and revise rendered files for Installation and Operating manuals
– Create and revise models and drawings using SolidWorks AutoCAD software
– Perform other duties as assigned by Drafting Supervisor
– High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Associate Degree in Engineering/Drafting field from a college/technical school; One to three years related work experience
– Effective communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with different teams
– General mechanical knowledge of pipe fittings, welding symbols and general sheet metal fabrication
– Self-starter that is goal oriented
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision and ability to differentiate colors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
– Medical, dental, and vision coverage available on your first day of employment
– 401(k) plan
– 12 paid holidays
– Vacation time
– 75% tuition reimbursement after 6 months
Company: Burnham Holdings Engineering Company
2930 Old Tree Drive
Lancaster, PA 17603
Contact: Laura O'Neill