Full-time, Permanent Position, Available on: 2022-04-11
JOB DESCRIPTION *
1. Manages department inventories by tracking weekly sales reports and orders products and supplies to meet customer demands, drive sales and company gross profit goals.
2. Schedules bakery associates, oversees and participates in ongoing training efforts to teach specialized skills, recognizes associate performance and delegates work assignments to effectively utilize the talents and abilities of associates while maximizing department productivity and profits.
3. Develops and implements merchandising plans individually or in cooperation with superiors that meet financial goals. Knowledgeable on weekly ads and specials to ensure correct pricing and production amounts. Continuously improves knowledge of produced merchandise. Adheres to and enforces company policy of production logs.
4. Prepares, maintains and tracks records concerning inventories to calculate gross monthly profits according to company guidelines. Maintains associate department records and reports on all important matters including associate performance and discipline, sales, future plans, etc.
5. Inspects and checks product and supplies upon delivery. Enforces and follows department practices regarding receiving, dating and restocking to ensure product rotation. Monitors product quality and freshness. Ensures out-of-code products are removed and reduced.
6. Oversees the baking and general production of the department. Cooperates with other departments to cross merchandize to drive sales. Maintains budgeted percentages related to sales, labor controls and shrink control. Ensures orders are completed in timely fashion.
7. Maintains effective housekeeping program. Ensures compliance with all company policies relating to safety, cleanliness and sanitation. Complies with local, state and government weights, measures and health department regulations.
8. Greets and takes orders from customers with pleasant, positive attitude. Focuses on continuous improvement in customer satisfaction and operations. Implements changes to ensure quality customer service and products. Instills a positive customer service image with associates.
9. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job and department performance.
10. Also performs duties of staff as required.
Company: Weis Markets Inc
1629 S. Market St.
Elizabethtown, PA 17022
Contact: Angie Shreiner