Full-time Position, Available on: 2022-05-04
Title: Assembly Technician
Reports to: Assembly Supervisor
Type: Nonexempt, full time, day shift (6am – 2:30pm) Mandatory overtime when required
Location: Ephrata, PA
Overview: This is NOT an assembly line production.
The overall function of the Assembly Technician is to assemble electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic components plus chassis preparation for each manufactured unit. Daily process varies and is not repetitive.
• Working knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Additional experience in plumbing parts a plus.
• 3 years (or more) of equipment/mechanical experience. Ideally heavy and/or construction equipment. (Educational experience qualifies).
• Must be able to read and interpret written instruction, blue prints and schematics.
• Properly utilize simple measurement tools. (Tape measure, pressure gauges, weight capacity, etc.).
• Demonstrate troubleshooting skills.
• Operate overhead cranes and fork lifts.
• Excellent communication both written and verbal.
• Familiar with basic shop tools/equipment and safety regulations.
• Able to safely lift 50 lbs.
• Welding experience (helpful not required)
• Take on additional responsibilities assigned by management.
• Ability to work overtime if required
• High school degree or equivalent.
• Must have own basic hand tools.
• Ability to bend, stoop, stretch and twist repeatedly. Including climb up/down ladders, working from ladders and climbing in and out of equipment, dexterity to work in confined spaces and crawling/laying/working under equipment. Safely lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects 50 lbs. or more.
Company: Zimmerman Industries
Contact: Maddie Geib