Full-time Position, Available on: 2023-02-07
Activities Assistant – Resilient Living Aide
Full Time working 30 hours per week from 9am – 8pm including every other weekend
Garden Spot Village, located in New Holland, PA, is a Retirement Community offering innovative options for residential living, and also wellness and healthcare services.
The Activities Aide (Resilient Living Aide) will work in Meadow View, an innovative new memory support community, offering opportunities for people with dementia to live resiliently, regain their dignity, and find purpose! It is a secure building offering 40 memory support suites in 2 households.
What does Garden Spot Communities offer employees?
• The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others, working in a non-profit atmosphere with community involvement, friends, and a mission that extends beyond the people we serve to those who serve here.
• We value our team members! In addition to fair, competitive wages we offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes, but is not limited to, the following benefits!
o Newly added benefit: Pay On-Demand
o Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage
o 401(k) retirement program with 5% company match
o A fully tax-deductible Health Savings Account program
o Paid Time Off
o Tuition Assistance and Career Development
o Campus perks such as a campus fitness room and salon, generous meal discounts, and many employee appreciation and recognition events.
What will I do in this role with Garden Spot?
As an Activities Aide, supporting the Garden Spot Communities’ mission will include the following responsibilities:
• Assists residents with resilient living. This may include personal laundry, normalcy of living, and reminders of various activities within households and on Town Square.
• Problem solves when concerns arise and ensures that complaints and concerns are handled in a timely manner; keeps Resilient Living Coordinator or Director aware of issues, to provide support and assistance.
• Provide activities for residents in their Household; conducts programs, visits and activities geared to the interest and abilities of the residents.
• Work closely with the Clinical Care Coordinator (CCC) for the Household.
• Participate in Care Plan meetings ensuring that residents’ needs are being met; provides monitoring of changes to daily pleasures.
• Perform daily Household rounds, and participates in daily stand up meetings whenever possible.
• Ensure the residents in the Household have opportunities to participate in circles, activities and special events of their choosing.
• Facilitate and influence the mood and tone of the Household, encouraging residents and Household team members to be contributing members of the Household.
• Communicates events and activities with family members.
What do I need for this role with Garden Spot?
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must have either a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Basic computer skills.
• Creativity, resourcefulness and imagination.
• Excellent customer service skills, patience, tact, cheerfulness and enthusiasm.
• Servsafe certified (willing to train).
• Efficient and organized, with a good sense of responsibility and a high degree of personal hygiene and cleanliness.
• Understanding of and willingness to live out our mission and values offering compassionate personal care to our residents.
How is Garden Spot unique?
• Part of Garden Spot Communities, we are a nonprofit organization with locations in New Holland and Akron, PA, offering healing and retirement living at its best!
• We live out our mission daily: To enrich the lives of older adults as an expression of Christ’s love.
• We prioritize our values: Community, Excellence, Service, Stewardship, Innovation, and Integrity.
• We offer compassionate personal care based on each residents’ needs and preferences.
• We encourage and equip our team to work hard, have fun, and make a difference!
Company: Garden Spot Communities
433 S Kinzer Ave.
New Holland, PA 17557
Contact: MacKenzie McClain