Full-time Position, Available on: 2023-06-12
Job Summary: Perform, maintain, and facilitate all financial records related to the business needs of the Hempfield School District Food Services Department, National School Meals Programs, Catering Division and other contracted services.
Interested candidates should apply at: https://www.applitrack.com/hempfieldsd/onlineapp/JobPostings/view.asp?Category=Secretarial%2fClerical&AppliTrackJobId=2072&AppliTrackLayoutMode=detail&AppliTrackViewPosting=1
• $750 sign-on bonus
• Full-Time with benefits
• Monday through Friday work schedule; 209 days per year
• 7.5 hours per day
• Range 5, Starting salary -$18.45
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assume responsibility for the smooth operation and organization of the business functions in the Food Services pertaining to meal claiming, reimbursement claims and edit check on the Child Nutrition Program Electronic Application Reimbursement System website.
2. Coordinate deposit of department funds to the bank.
3. Consolidate and assemble monthly school board reports and reports for the Director of Food Services.
4. Maintain accounts receivable data base system, process invoices, and make deposits.
5. Maintain Point of Sales data base for financial reporting which includes setting up food items and prices.
6. Maintain accounting data base for journals and ledgers pertaining to the Food Services Department.
7. Point of contact pertaining to financial needs when the Food Service Director is unavailable.
8. Point of contact for the Point of Sale (SchoolCafe) online payment system. Handle and process all parent inquiries.
9. Point of contact for parent inquires on negative lunch accounts and payments. Handle and process all parent inquiries and bounced checks.
10. Back up person to the Food Services Secretary for completing student data requests.
11. Maintain reports and records as required by local and state auditors.
12. Assist the Food Services Director with the development of the annual budget.
13. Reconcile student meal counts to the daily sales reports.
14. Reconcile daily deposits to daily sales and terminal reports.
15. Reconcile bank statements and provide documentation to the District Business Office.
16. Organize receipts for purchases eligible for rebate programs and file for rebates. Obtain approval signatures for accounts payable prior to processing for final payment.
17. Process and post vender account payable invoices.
18. Initiate transfer of funds from bank account to assigned accounts.
19. Assist other departments with training where it applies to the Food Services Department.
20. Oversee and train Cashiers and perform Cash Clerk duties when necessary. Cashier back up when needed at the schools.
21. Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective function of the department.
• Associate’s Degree or five years of accounting/administrative assistant experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Accounting or Business Administration.
• Prior School Food Service, inventory knowledge, and bid experiences preferred.
• Submission of pre-employment medical examination (Section 148 of the PA School Code)
• Current PA Criminal History background check
• Current Federal Criminal (FBI) background check
• Current Child Abuse background check
Interested candidates should submit an online application. Questions can be directed to HROffice@hempfieldsd.org.
Position will remain open until filled.
Company: Hempfield School District
200 Church St Landisville, PA 17538
Contact: Liz Groff