Location: Willow Street
Hours: Mondays from 8:30am-2:30pm
In the year 2018-19 school year October to May, the LCCTC dentist is responsible for general dental care in the patient clinic one day a week, providing experience for the dental assisting students. After the dental hygiene program begins Fall 2019, the dentist will complete oral cancer screening, exams and provide supportive care for the dental hygiene students (8-11:30 and/or 2:30-5:30). The dentist may also provide general care during the dental assisting clinic 12:30-2:30 October- May.
- Provide supportive dental care for patients in the LCCTC Dental Hygiene Clinic starting Fall 2019(8-5:30 1 to 5 days a week).
- Provide general dentistry during dental assisting clinic hours (year 2018-19 school year, 1 day a week 8:30-2:30; Fall 2019- 12:30-2:30 1-5 days a week.).
- Maintain instruments and supplies for patient care.
- Evaluate radiographs and support performance of other PA Dental Hygiene services by the dental hygiene students.
- Make proper referral for patients.
- As time allows, perform instructional duties in student pre-clinic.
- Assist students to develop skills which will enhance ability to obtain and maintain employment.
- Serve as mentor and teacher in the development of specific skills relevant to the industry or course of study.
- Evaluate student progress and provide and document feedback.
- Participate in student conferences to develop a plan which enhances student learning.
- Maintain student and course records in accordance with PDE guidelines.
- Participate in professional development activities to enhance the classroom environment.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- PA licensed Dentist
- Current CPR
- ACT 31 training
- CHRI without prohibitive offenses at time of hire, not more than 1 year old
- Hepatitis B Vaccination
- Valid PA Driver’s License
To apply, submit the following documents (applications without all items will not be considered complete)
- Submit Administrator Employment Application
- Submit Resume
- Submit Cover Letter
- Submit Copies of Current Licensures
Application and required documents may be submitted to: HR@lancasterctc.edu. Please include “Dentist” in the subject line when submitting your application by email.