The LCCTC is seeking a volunteer dentist for its Dental Clinic in Willow Street one (1) day a week for 8 hours a day (7:30-3:30).
For the 2018-19 school year, the LCCTC dentist is responsible for general dental care in patient clinic on one day a week, October to May, providing experience for the dental assisting students. After the dental hygiene program begins Fall 2019, the dentist will complete oral cancer screening, exams and provide supportive care for the dental hygiene students (8-11:30 and/or 2:30-5:30). The dentist may also provide general care during the dental assisting clinic 12:30-2:30 October- May.
- Provide supportive dental care for patients in the LCCTC Dental Hygiene Clinic starting Fall 2019(8-5:30 1 to 5 days a week)
- Provide general dentistry during dental assisting clinic hours (2018-19 school year, 1 day a week 8:30-2:30; Fall 2019- 12:30-2:30 1-5 days a week.)
- Maintain instruments and supplies for patient care
- Evaluate radiographs and support performance of other PA Dental Hygiene services by the dental hygiene students.
- Make proper referral for patients.
- As time allows, perform instructional duties in student pre-clinic.
- Assist students to develop skills which will enhance ability to obtain and maintain employment
- Serve as mentor and teacher in the development of specific skills relevant to the industry or course of study
- Evaluate student progress and provide and document feedback
- Participate in student conferences to develop a plan which enhances student learning
- Maintain student and course records in accordance with PDE guidelines
- Participate in professional development activities to enhance the classroom environment
Technical Skills: Must be PA licensed Dentist
The ability to handle input from multiple sources at once, excellent memory, excellent organization skills, excellent computer skills including Dentrix experience is helpful, excellent written communication, experience working with dental assistants is required.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, current resume and copy of current credentials to: HR@lancasterctc.edu