May 29, 2020
To the High School Students and their Families of the Lancaster County CTC,
Summer is nearly here and the LCCTC is wrapping up the 2019-2020 school year. This week we honored our seniors with virtual Certificates and Awards sessions. Information on how to view recordings of the C&A sessions are detailed below. Additionally, next Tuesday through Thursday are the Student Items Pickup/Drop Off Dates at the campuses. The full schedule is listed below.
Please remember that the most current information will be posted on the LCCTC website at www.lancasterctc.edu/news.
High School Program Updates/Reminders for May 29
Certificates and Awards Recognitions and Recordings
Congratulations to all of our seniors and award recipients for the 2019-2020 school year. The campus principals, program instructors, JOC members, and LCCT Foundation members collaborated to provide our students with virtual Certificates and Awards presentations. These sessions recognized and honored our students’ hard work and accomplishments during an extremely unorthodox school year.
Families were invited to attend their student’s virtual session and each session was recorded for those who could not attend the live webcast. Links to each session have been compiled and published on a post on the LCCTC’s website.
REMINDER – Student Item Pickup/Drop Off Dates NEXT WEEK
Students are expected to visit their campus at the time listed in the schedule below to pick up personal items left behind at school and/or drop off any tools, electronic equipment, or any other materials. This timeframe is fluid and may change due to emerging issues or further instruction from the state. The plan, at the time of publishing, is as follows:
June 2 – 4, 2020 – Student Item Pickup and Drop-off Days
Pickup and drop-off hours on each day will be 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM, Noon to 3:00 PM
June 2, 2020 – Early Childcare Education, Culinary Arts, Intro to Manufacturing, Intro to Transportation, Electro Mechanical, Protective Services Academy (out of Training Center)
June 3, 2020 – Commercial Construction, Event Planning, Welding, Precision Machining, Intro to Culinary
June 4, 2020 – Metal Fabrication, Intro to Construction, Advance Health Careers, Intro to Health, Baking & Pastry, Residential Carpentry
June 2, 2020 – (Students should enter through the front doors.) Commercial Art, Digital Design/Print Media, Cabinet Making, Introduction to Health, Plumbing, Computer Systems
June 3, 2020 – (Students should enter through the front doors.) HVAC, Painting and Flooring, Intro to Visual Comm., Intro to Transportation, Electrical, Intro to Culinary Arts
June 4, 2020 – (Students should enter through the front doors.) Arch/CAD, Intro to Manufacturing, Photography, Web Design/Interactive Media, Intro to Construction, Heavy Equipment Operation, Materials Handling Logistics
June 2, 2020 – (Location – Door at the end of the front hallway that opens to the parking lot adjacent to the Lions Club.) Intro to Culinary, Medical Administrative Assistant, Dental Assistant, Patient Care Technician, Advanced Health, Intro to Health, Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant
June 3, 2020 – (Location – Bus dock entrance at top of the hallway where VA program is located.) Animal Production Science Technology, Veterinary Assistant, Intro to Visual Comm., Intro to Construction, Intro to Manufacturing, Sports Medicine Rehab Technician
June 4, 2020 – (Location – Bus dock entrance at the top of the hallway where the Auto Tech and Collision repair programs are located.) Recreational / Outdoor Power Equipment, Intro to Transportation, Auto Tech (Smith), Auto Tech (Reider), Auto Tech (Wakefield), Collision Repair, Diesel Tech (Bolich)
Student Personal Belongings Pickup Instructions and Details
- No more than 8 students will be allowed into one program at a time.
- Students must pick up the items themselves. Substitutes are not allowed.
- If a student was issued school technology from the LCCTC such as laptop or Chromebook and their chargers, they will need to return these to the staff at the door prior to gaining entrance to the building. Students will not be allowed in the building if technology has not been returned.
- Students need to return all school-owned books and tools at this time.
- Students are responsible for all tools and materials supplied to them by the LCCTC. Students who do not return school issued tools and books will receive a bill for replacement cost of these items.
- Upon exit of the building students will need to turn in the Obligation/Materials Received Form to LCCTC staff at the exit. Each student must turn in the form or they will be asked to return to their instructor for the form. Office staff will be available to collect for these items at this time. Payment will need to be in the form of cash or check.
- All students will need to wear a mask and gloves while in the building.
- Items not picked up on that day will be bagged and labeled. Leftover items can be picked up by appointment when administration is available and interaction is allowed by the Department of Education and the governor.
Summer Online Resources
Entering summer does not mean that we are leaving the pandemic behind. The LCCTC, IU13, and other agencies have information and access to resources about mental health and wellbeing, food access, internet access, and more. Visit the LCCTC’s Covid-19 Resource webpage for any of this helpful information. If you feel that you need help, please reach out to your campus counselors or check out the online resources. Don’t think that you’re alone! Help is here if you need it.
If you have any questions about your program at the LCCTC, please ask your instructor.
Thank you and be safe.