May 22, 2020
To the Intergenerational and Adult Education of the Lancaster County CTC,
The long holiday weekend ushers in a slow week for Adult Education. We are between starting dates for programs. We will see activity ramping up in the coming weeks. This week’s update includes information on Student Item Pickup/Drop Off Dates and reminders about the availability of CARES grant funding and financial planning sessions for adult students.
Please remember that the most current information will be posted on the LCCTC website at www.lancasterctc.edu/news.
Adult Education Program Updates/Reminders for May 22
Student Item Pickup/Drop Off Dates Scheduled
The LCCTC has created a timeline for faculty, staff, and students to end the school year in a way that satisfies educational requirements, conforms to the required safety measures, allows opportunity for students to reclaim their belongings left at the campuses, and return borrowed tools and technology. This timeframe is fluid and may change due to emerging issues or further instruction from the state. The plan, at the time of publishing, is as follows:
June 2 – 4, 2020 – Student Item Pickup and Drop-off Days
Pickup and drop-off hours on each day will be 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM, Noon to 3:00 PM
June 2, 2020 – Early Childcare Education, Culinary Arts, Intro to Manufacturing, Intro to Transportation, Electro Mechanical, Protective Services Academy (out of Training Center)
June 3, 2020 – Commercial Construction, Event Planning, Welding, Precision Machining, Intro to Culinary
June 4, 2020 – Metal Fabrication, Intro to Construction, Advance Health Careers, Intro to Health, Baking & Pastry, Residential Carpentry
June 2, 2020 – Commercial Art, Digital Design/Print Media, Cabinet Making, Introduction to Health, Plumbing, Computer Systems
June 3, 2020 – HVAC, Painting and Flooring, Intro to Visual Comm., Intro to Transportation, Electrical, Intro to Culinary Arts
June 4, 2020 – Arch/CAD, Intro to Manufacturing, Photography, Web Design/Interactive Media, Intro to Construction, Heavy Equipment Operation, Materials Handling Logistics
June 2, 2020 – (Location – Door at the end of the front hallway that opens to the parking lot adjacent to the Lions Club.) Intro to Culinary, Medical Administrative Assistant, Dental Assistant, Patient Care Technician, Advanced Health, Intro to Health, Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant
June 3, 2020 – (Location – Bus dock entrance at top of the hallway where VA program is located.) Animal Production Science Technology, Veterinary Assistant, Intro to Visual Comm., Intro to Construction, Intro to Manufacturing, Sports Medicine Rehab Technician
June 4, 2020 – (Location – Bus dock entrance at the top of the hallway where the Auto Tech and Collision repair programs are located.) Recreational / Outdoor Power Equipment, Intro to Transportation, Auto Tech (Smith), Auto Tech (Reider), Auto Tech (Wakefield), Collision Repair, Diesel Tech (Bolich)
Student Personal Belongings Pickup Instructions and Details
- No more than 8 students will be allowed into one program at a time.
- Students must pick up the items themselves. Substitutes are not allowed.
- If a student was issued school technology from the LCCTC such as laptop or Chromebook and their chargers, they will need to return these to the staff at the door prior to gaining entrance to the building. Students will not be allowed in the building if technology has not been returned.
- Students need to return all school-owned books and tools at this time.
- Students are responsible for all tools and materials supplied to them by the LCCTC. Students who do not return school issued tools and books will receive a bill for replacement cost of these items.
- Upon exit of the building students will need to turn in the Obligation/Materials Received Form to LCCTC staff at the exit. Each student must turn in the form or they will be asked to return to their instructor for the form. Office staff will be available to collect for these items at this time. Payment will need to be in the form of cash or check.
- All students will need to wear a mask and gloves while in the building.
- Items not picked up on that day will be bagged and labeled. Leftover items can be picked up by appointment when administration is available and interaction is allowed by the Department of Education and the governor
Reminder – CARES Act Grant Funds Available to Post-Secondary Students in Certain Programs
LCCTC students in certain post-secondary programs are eligible to receive grant funds from the CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund. Details of the grant, the programs that are eligible, and a link to the grant application is available at the link below. Students who receive grant funds can use them for food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and child care. This grant is time-sensitive, so be sure to apply soon.
UPDATE – October 5, 2020 – The LCCTC has reached our limit regarding this grant and it will no longer be awarded.
Financial Planning Sessions
Are you concerned about how you are going to be able to afford the cost of your education? Do you have questions about how student accounts and billing processes work? Do you need more information about financial aid and what you are eligible to apply for? If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then we urge you to attend one of our online Financial Planning Sessions to get the information you need. Join us at our next online financial planning session to learn the answers to these questions and more!
Mental Health Resources
We are seeing a rise in inquiries from students and families regarding stress, anxiety, and depression related to the pandemic and the social changes that society is experiencing because of it. The CTC has links to helpful mental health and wellbeing resources on our Covid-19 Resource webpage and on the counselors’ page on Canvas. If you feel that you need help, please reach out to your campus counselors or check out the online resources. Don’t think that you’re alone! Help is here if you need it.
If you have any questions about your program at the LCCTC, please ask your instructor.
Thank you and be safe.