May 15, 2020
To the High School Students of the Lancaster County CTC,
We have additional details this week regarding details of the Student Item Pickup and Drop-off Days; LCCT Foundation Scholarship Applications coming due; and the CTC’s Equipment Auction.
Please remember that the most current information will be posted on the LCCTC website at www.lancasterctc.edu/news.
High School Program Updates/Reminders for May 15
Reminder – Certificates and Awards Recognitions – Week of May 25
Our Principals and Assistant Principals will attend individual program class sessions on Zoom during the week of May 25. They will be the LCCTC’s representatives to convey our pride and admiration for the work that our students have done this school year. The principals will work with the instructors to develop the specific schedule. We will share that schedule as soon as it is finalized.
Student Item Pickup/Drop Off Dates Scheduled
The LCCTC has created a timeline for faculty, staff, and students to end the school year in a way that satisfies educational requirements, conforms to the required safety measures, allows opportunity for students to reclaim their belongings left at the campuses, and return borrowed tools and technology. This timeframe is fluid and may change due to emerging issues or further instruction from the state. The plan, at the time of publishing, is as follows:
June 2 – 4, 2020 – Student Item Pickup and Drop-off Days
Pickup and drop-off hours on each day will be 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM, Noon to 3:00 PM
June 2, 2020 – Early Childcare Education, Culinary Arts, Intro to Manufacturing, Intro to Transportation, Electro Mechanical, Protective Services Academy (out of Training Center)
June 3, 2020 – Commercial Construction, Event Planning, Welding, Precision Machining, Intro to Culinary
June 4, 2020 – Metal Fabrication, Intro to Construction, Advance Health Careers, Intro to Health, Baking & Pastry, Residential Carpentry
June 2, 2020 – (Students should enter through the front doors.) Commercial Art, Digital Design/Print Media, Cabinet Making, Introduction to Health, Plumbing, Computer Systems
June 3, 2020 – (Students should enter through the front doors.) HVAC, Painting and Flooring, Intro to Visual Comm., Intro to Transportation, Electrical, Intro to Culinary Arts
June 4, 2020 – (Students should enter through the front doors.) Arch/CAD, Intro to Manufacturing, Photography, Web Design/Interactive Media, Intro to Construction, Heavy Equipment Operation, Materials Handling Logistics
June 2, 2020 – (Location – Door at the end of the front hallway that opens to the parking lot adjacent to the Lions Club.) Intro to Culinary, Medical Administrative Assistant, Dental Assistant, Patient Care Technician, Advanced Health, Intro to Health, Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant
June 3, 2020 – (Location – Bus dock entrance at top of the hallway where VA program is located.) Animal Production Science Technology, Veterinary Assistant, Intro to Visual Comm., Intro to Construction, Intro to Manufacturing, Sports Medicine Rehab Technician
June 4, 2020 – (Location – Bus dock entrance at the top of the hallway where the Auto Tech and Collision repair programs are located.) Recreational / Outdoor Power Equipment, Intro to Transportation, Auto Tech (Smith), Auto Tech (Reider), Auto Tech (Wakefield), Collision Repair, Diesel Tech (Bolich)
Student Personal Belongings Pickup Instructions and Details
- No more than 8 students will be allowed into one program at a time.
- Students must pick up the items themselves. Substitutes are not allowed.
- If a student was issued school technology from the LCCTC such as laptop or Chromebook and their chargers, they will need to return these to the staff at the door prior to gaining entrance to the building. Students will not be allowed in the building if technology has not been returned.
- Students need to return all school-owned books and tools at this time.
- Students are responsible for all tools and materials supplied to them by the LCCTC. Students with who do not return school issued tools and books will receive a bill for replacement cost of these items.
- Upon exit of the building students will need to turn in the obligation/materials received from to LCCTC staff at the exit. Each student must turn in the form or they will be asked to return to their instructor for the form. Office staff will be available to collect for these items at this time. Payment will need to be in the form of cash or check.
- All students will need to wear a mask and gloves while in the building.
- Items not picked up on that day will be bagged and labeled. Leftover items can be picked up by appointment when administration is available and interaction is allowed by the Department of Education and the governor.
Foundation Scholarships are DUE TODAY
Reminder – The deadline for LCCT Foundation Scholarships is May 15. Information and links for the LCCT Foundation Scholarships and Workforce Grants for High School and Adult Students can be found at the web page link below. If you are an LCCTC student and are interested in applying, go to the link below to view all of the available grants and scholarships. Apply now!
Equipment Auction through May 20
Lancaster County CTC is cleaning house! We cordially invite the public to review our current online Excess Equipment Auction. There are a variety of items up for bid, from trucks to manufacturing equipment to kitchen dinner ware to snow blowers and more! Click here to go to the HK Keller auction site and happy bidding!
Mental Health Resources
We are seeing a rise in inquiries from students and families regarding stress, anxiety, and depression related to the pandemic and the social changes that society is experiencing because of it. The CTC has links to helpful mental health and wellbeing resources on our Covid-19 Resource webpage and on the counselors’ page on Canvas. If you feel that you need help, please reach out to your campus counselors or check out the online resources. Don’t think that you’re alone! Help is here if you need it.
If you have any questions about your program at the LCCTC, please ask your instructor.
Thank you and be safe.